Note: Information in this directory is updated daily and subject to change without notice. What is a fitness center type?
Fitness Center Types
- Fitness Clubs:
- You can use the aerobic and strength training equipment. Some fitness centers may also have classes, saunas, steam rooms, and whirlpools*.
- Gender-Specific Fitness Centers:
- These offer you the chance to work out with others of the same gender.
- Exercise Centers:
- These kinds of centers may include dance studios, swimming pools and recreation centers, parks, and yoga and Pilates studios. Services may differ by fitness center.
- ActiveOptions Instructors:
- A network of instructors that provide organized exercise classes in non-traditional settings such as outdoors/park locations, community centers, and recreation centers.
*Services that call for an added fee are not part of the FitnessCoach program.